I wanted to reach out and let you know the progress the chapter has been making this year. Our goal is to bring you the most value with the least investment on your part:
* We started meeting monthly – this enables you to meet the leadership and see a relevant Defense Industry speaker a minimum of once per month (on the 3rd Wednesday of each month).
* We started meeting around the Metroplex. Recently, we met at Elbit Systems of America to hear from a CEO:
* We made a change so we can elect half of the board each year: one year officers, then the next year directors. This brings more opportunities to get involved.
* We started forming committees. One being the major events committee, which should deliver a big event, soon.
* We hosted a national officer of NDIA, which gave our chapter members a chance to hear our activities directly. We packed a very good Program Management presentation into that same meeting: https://ndialonestar.org/events/june-21st-member-meeting-topic-program-management/
* Our very own Mac Thornberry, Chairman of the House HASC was honored by NDIA in Washington, DC:
* We started a small business initiative. Victor Fishman took a survey to be reported to the National Office. We want to actually make an impact for our national defense base: https://ndialonestar.org/news/ndia-small-business-initiative/
* Last month, we heard from DIUx at the same meeting Jeff Hunt from Raytheon gave us a legal counsel perspective on data rights:
* We brought a variety of topics including Cyber Security https://ndialonestar.org/events/may-17th-member-meeting/
* We gave away college scholarships to ROTC students
Whether it’s bringing you great speakers, providing a forum to network with other national security professionals, giving out scholarships, or contributing on impactful projects our chapter is among the best of the nation with over 2000 members in our roster. There is a great deal to gain from NDIA Lone Star and there is MUCH MORE TO COME!!!
We’ll see you on September 20th!
Humbly and Respectfully,
President, NDIA Lone Star Chapter